Wednesday, September 11, 2013

More from Schreiner's

It's "Too Darn Hot" to go outside so I'll catch up on this year's iris orders.  Here's what I planted Monday from my Schreiner's Summer Sale order.  It includes introductions from some favorite and impressive hybridizers beside Schreiner's.

'Change in the Weather' was a bonus 2013 Schreiner's intro.

'Change In The Weather' (Schreiner, 2013)

Dangerous Mood was supposed to be in my garden, but what I bought from Lowes does not look like any pictures I could find.  I went to the source and ordered on from the hybridizer.

'Dangerous Mood' (Schreiner, R. 2004)
Seedling JJ 109-1. TB, 36" (91 cm), Early thru mid bloom season

This Ben Hager intro, 'Chasing Rainbows,' caught my eye when in Oregon 2 years ago.

'Chasing Rainbows' (Ben Hager, 1995)
Seedling T5516PkBld/OcBld. TB, height 32" (81 cm), mid season bloomer.

Cupid's Arrow is the Ghio entry in this planting.

'Cupid's Arrow' (Joseph Ghio, R. 1989)
Sdlg. 85-177N3. TB, 38" (97 cm), E-M

Drifting is an amoena with  heavily ruffled standards and lacy falls. 

'Drifting' (Schreiner, R. 2011)
Sdlg. RR 1643-1. TB, 40 (102 cm), Midseason bloom.

Another Keppel beauty, 'Suspicion' promises interesting color contrasts in earthy tones.

'Suspicion' (Keith Keppel, R. 1998)
Seedling 93-83H. TB, 38" (97 cm), Mid bloom season

No comments:

Post a Comment