Friday, May 26, 2017

Some of the Folks I Met In Des Moines

Here I am with Chad Harris. Chad's hybridizes at Mount Pleasant Iris From in Washougal, WA in the Columbia River gorge.  Although not blooming at the convention (their season is later), Chad's iris ensata (know more commonly as Japanese iris or JI) and his species cross (SPEC-X) called "psuedata' are amazing.

His presentation on the "Water Lovers of Asia" was engaging and informative. I have barely started to try to grow these and I learned so much! He'll be in Rochester at the Region 2 meeting, October 21 offering this same talk as well as Judges training.  Give me a shout at neil.houghton@me.com and I'll get you on the list for more info.

'Neil and Chad Harris
 David Cupps talked me into coming and I am glad he did. His friend Andi is from Los Angeles and post great photos to Iris Lovers on Facebook.

David Cupps and And Rivarola
 My idol, Paul Black, just happens to also be a really great guy!

Paul Black and me
Paul Black and David Cupps


No comments:

Post a Comment